Makes about 4 (8 oz) half pints.
Fresh homemade no-sugar jam is easy to create with the Ball®
FreshTECH™ Automatic Jam & Jelly Maker and Ball®
Low or No-Sugar Needed Pectin. Just add the fresh ingredients in this recipe, and it does the rest in under 30 minutes! For a sweeter flavor, try our Low-Sugar Recipe
4-2/3 cups crushed berries (about 2 lbs or six 6-oz containers)
3 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit® Low or No-Sugar Needed Pectin
1/2 tsp butter or margarine
- CLEAN berries by rolling back and forth in an open towel. If dirt is obvious on berries, rinse carefully in cool running water and drain thoroughly. Crush berries one layer at a time using a potato masher. Measure required quantity of crushed berries and remaining ingredients for your recipe; set aside.
- SPRINKLE pectin evenly over bottom of the Pot fitted with the Stirrer. Add crushed berries evenly over pectin. Add butter/margarine to help reduce foaming.
- PRESS jam button – the cook time will automatically default to 21 minutes. Press enter.
- WAIT 4 minutes for appliance to sound 4 short beeps. Place the Glass Lid on the Pot.
- THE APPLIANCE will continue to automatically stir your ingredients while it cooks. Stay within earshot of the Jam & Jelly Maker, the appliance will beep again at the end of the process signaling jam cooking is complete. Press cancel, unplug the appliance and immediately remove Glass Lid.
- REMOVE Stirrer using a pot holder. Skim foam, if necessary, from top of jam.
- PRESERVE jam immediately, using 1 of the 3 ways listed here.
Mixed Berry Variation:
Crushed mixed berries (any combination of strawberries, raspberries, and/or blackberries that yields 4-2/3 cups). Prepare fruit as directed in Step 1, and follow above recipe instructions.